Solution for Kess v2 FW protocol error (Win-7 and Win-XP)
To do this, you first have to uninstall the already installed software and the drivers. Afterwards we start with step:
1. Disable Internet connection
2. Install the K-Suite 2.06 Full Version including drivers (Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 SP1 and USBDEVICEDRV 1.00.011).
The Kess device is not yet connected to your computer.
3. After successful installation, K-Suite will open automatically (no error message may occur during installation, otherwise you will have to repeat the installation). Select the desired language and exit the program.
4. Now you have to connect the Kess device via USB and wait for the automatic driver installation. (K-Suite not yet opens)
5. Right-click the K-Suite icon to open the file path. (Win-XP: right-click on the K-Suite icon, then open the properties, in the lower left you can open the file path) Marks the entire content in the folder and deletes it.
6. Opens the “Token Reset Folder” and copies the entire contents (it is the data from K-Suite 2.08). Now you change back to the already installed file path (here you just deleted all files) and insert the copied records. In addition, you copy the help folder (can be found on the supplied CD) and also paste it into the already installed file path. Now you can close all windows and start K-Suite.
The Kess V2 device will now be updated. This may take a little time. As soon as the main menu of K-Suite opens, version 2.08 should be visible. The message “Protocol not compatible with version FW” should no longer appear. If everything was successful, you can close K-Suite again and install the updates (2.10, 2.12, … etc) one at a time. The Kess v2 master clone device can remain connected to the computer. The important thing is that you only install the updates. Not the drivers (Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 SP1 and USBDEVICEDRV 1.00.011).
|Item Name||KESS V2||KESS V2||KESS V2||Ktag||Ktag|
|Software: V2.15 Hareware: V3.099||Software V2.32
|Update Method||by CD||by CD||by CD||by CD||by CD|
|Tokens||60 Tokens available, after use it up, get J-Link to add tokens.||60 Tokens available, after use it up, get J-Link to add tokens.||No Token Limitation||500 tokens
after use it up, get J-Link to add tokens.
|No Token Limitation|
|Operating System||Windows XP||Windows XP||Windows XP||Win XP/7(partly)||Windows XP|
|Language Support||English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French||English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French||English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French||English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French||English, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish|
|Function||read and write the Data of Engine ECU||read and write the Data of Engine ECU||read and write the Data of Engine ECU||read and write the Data of Engine ECU||read and write the Data of Engine ECU|
|Vehicle Support||World-wide famous brand cars||World-wide famous brand cars||World-wide famous brand cars||World-wide famous brand cars, trucks,traktors and bikes||World-wide famous brand cars, trucks,traktors and bikes|
|Via BDM or OBD||Via OBD||Via OBD||Via OBD||Via BDM||Via BDM|
|KTAG VS. KESS V2||KTAG and KESS V2 share the same software, but KESS V2 has OBD function (means KESS V2 program ECU by OBD diagnostic cable) while KTAG doesn’t have.|
|Update||SE87 and SE87-B can be updated to SE87-C, But Need to send back the main device and pay 95.0USD||SE80 can be updated to SE80-B, But Need to send back the main device and pay 370USD|