GM-English 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Germany 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Spanish 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Japanese 32.008 1991-2013
GM-French 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Thai 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Portuguese 32.008 1991-2013
GM-Korean 32.008 1991-2013
(If you need SUZUKI software, please tell us you want CAN-BUS or K-line)
05 Buick Allure (3.6L)
05 Buick LaCrosse (3.6L)
05 Buick Rainier (5.3L)
04-05 Buick Rendezvous (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac CTS (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac SRX (3.6L / 4.6L)
04-05 Cadillac XLR (4.6L)
05 Cadillac STS (3.6L / 4.6L)
05 Chevrolet Cobalt (2.2L)
05 Chevrolet Corvette (6.0L)
05 Chevrolet Equinox (3.4L)
05 Chevrolet TrailBlazer (5.3L)
05 Chevrolet SSR (6.0L)
04 Chevrolet Malibu (Body/Chassis only)
05 Chevrolet Malibu (3.5L)
05 GMC Envoy (5.3L)
05 Pontiac G6 (3.5L)
05 Pontiac GTO (6.0L)
05 Pontiac Pursuit (2.2L)
1) Dimensions: 12
2) Microprocessor: 32 bit,16 MHz
3) Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion.
4) Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
5) Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once.
1. Tech-2 Flash Tester
2. 32 MB PCMCIA Card with GM OE Applications (you can choose software)
3. CAN diagnostic interface module(CANDI)
4. RS232 cable and user`s manual
5. RS232-DB9 adapter
6. DLC Cable, DLC Loopback Adapter
7. 12V Cigarette Lighter Power Cable
8. SAE 16/19 Adapter
9. NAO 12/19 Adapter
10. Battery Power Cable
11. Storage Case
12. TIS 2000 CD (Now this item comes with the TIS 2000 CD and Dongle,you don't need to buy individually)
Problem: I have a tech II with Saab v148.o card in it. I have tried from Globaltis(Cracked) and TIS 2000 (Hardware key) but cannot gain security access.
Tis2000 gives me the error “cannot connect with security server”
Globaltis just says “error” when trying to gain security access.
I know it is communicating with the tech ii, because during the security check the tech goes from the home screen to “downloading”.
I am using a laptop with a TRENDnet TU-S9 USB to Serial Converter running XP SP3. I have java version 6 update 12 running.
The only think I’ve noticed is the when starting globaltis it states “SAAB Automobile AB v146.00”. I have the 148 SAAB PCIAM card, do not know if that could be affecting it or not.
Customer solution from mhhauto forum:
Here in the forum two types of SAAB v148.000 PCMCIA was shared
One for Tech2 hand held and one cracked for Tech2 Win
In Tech2 hand he’ll only the one for its working
If its the right card uploaded in your tool card then go Security and do it
Try Java v 6.26
Its the best for GlobalTis or Java v7.0
Do you have it or not installed the SAAB v148.000 PCMCIA installed and can you connect to your SAAB car
If not you can find this PCMCIA SAAB v148.000 for Tech2 hand held in the forum ( Not the one for Tech2win ) and use Card writer to flash you PCMCIA or MCE software
use the advise of Mr. techamp (try to re-flash your Tech 2 PCIMA card with Globaltis so your hardware and software match. i believe version on globaltis is 146.00.) and use the SAAB GlobalTis to write your PCMCIA card
Then go to your card and check if the diagnostic is possible
Then connect again the Tech2 with the computer ->power it up ->run the GlobalTis-> use Security
Then you can do any SPS Programming in your car
|Content||GM Tech 2 SP23, SP23-B, SP23-B3, SP23-C||GM MDI SP163|
|Language||GM-English, German, Spanish , Japanese, French, Thai , Portuguese, Korean
OPEL-English, Italian , German,Spanish
|Multi-language: English, French, German, Japanese, Italian and so on.
Total 30 languages to choose.
|Update||Via 32MB Software Card||can not update|
|Activation||no need active||yes|
|Advantage||cannot plug original software card, but can support original program||can support software from original factory|
|OS requirement||no need connect to the PC||Win XP only|
|Internet connection||no need connect to the PC||can not connect to the internet then install the software, because once connect internet, it will remind you update the software|
|Support Car Model||Cannot support truck, only for cars, Support all GM systems 1992 thru current year. such as GM/ SAAB/ OPEL/ SUZUKI/ ISUZU/HOLDEN||MDI can test all GM car from 1990-2012 year.|
|Support programing||support reprogramming, but need to use with TIS2000 together||support offline program,such as chevrolet,opel, but not for all cars|
1. Tech 2 scanners are made by different manufacturers.
2. The SP23-C is best quality, then SP23-B and SP23-B3, then SP23.
3. SP23, SP23-B, SP23-C are with plastic storage case, which is quite heavy and costs more shipping cost, if you don't need the case, we recommend you buy SP23-B3 with carton case and is 5.8kg less.
This article includes all GM Tech2 scanner Vetronix clone feedback Yes and No list, aiming to help the GM technicians who are new to GM TECH2.
– Used my GM tech II to retrofit tcs and marry a non divorced cd changer.
– reads everything a genuine one does. Heck, it’s probably made in the same factory as a genuine one with a different sticker on it. Pinpoint bad air bag sensors, turned on the tpms on both our Z’s.
– It works exactly like any others I’ve used at gm dealers over the years
– $339 for a brand new tech2 with a CANDI module all the cables and adapters and case is great
-connected to my intimidator ss and everything was there
– Change one of my c5s that is canadien to US to disable the auto headlights because they don’t always open when they should and when they do work right they come on too early.
– You have to specify GM English when you order the unit. There are a lot of other cards for different languages Saab, Holden, etc
– Is now fully functional for F body, C5 and C6, It cost me a lot more than the initial $1000 that I thought was a good deal.
– Plugin to my ’08 93 Aero and play around with the typical body and key features. My primary reason for picking up the Tech II was to program a spare key. I figured ~$500+ at a dealer or ~$400 on my own would be well worth it…obviously if I received a working, defect free, unit.
– Programming a key and changing some of the standard comfort features.
– Able to get security access using an old Dell laptop from my IT guy’s graveyard.
– Programming a new key was easily as 1-2-3
– Changed my key-unlock settings to all at first press, and then lock on drive off/open on key out was a snap.
– If you had a Tech2, you could possibly talk to the dealer and have them access their TIS system to load the BCM or PCM calibration to your Tech2. Some may do it.
If you can’t do that, just buy additional TIS2000 with USB key.
– Hooked it up to test engine, ABS, transmission etc, stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, live data all the test result were displayed on the large, easy –to-read backlit screen. It helped to carry out accurate and stable diagnostic function.
– Compared with GM MDI, Tech2 scan tool covers more vehicles including OPEL, GM, SAAB, and Isuzu.
-used it on my GMC for air bag warning
-Tried it on my 2006 Silverado & worked ok.
– The tis 2000 needs windows XP, Vista, win8.1, Win 7 32 bit.
– Able to easily and completely program out the TPMS system
– I have used mine to do two crank sensor re=learns and did the brake bleed on mine for the EBCM flush and it worked fine
– I am fairly certain it works on all GM cars til 2013. I have used it on my 03 GMC full size pickup, and my sisters 07 Trailblazer !!!! (and my 99 vette of course).
-If you have a 1997-2000, the TPMS is in the firmware and cannot be programmed. With the addition of the Z06 in 2001-2004, it can be programmed.
– Bleed the ABS ok.
– Used to cycle and bleed the ABS brakes on my C6 ok
-Plugged it in to my 2011 Z06, and activated the Afterblow feature. I also cleared some old DTC codes that were in history. It works just fine and the quality feels genuine. It’s a pretty good knock off. Even came with all of the stickers from the Veltronix manufacturer. I assume they are knock off too.
– Used it to program my key fobs for my Malibu but also have 4 other Chevys
– GM tech2 scan tool would NOT work with All C5’s, if you are going to use it on a C6,, make SURE you have the CAN D modules.
– Cars only, no trucks, be advised to use Allscanner VXDIAG VCX HD heavy duty scanner.
….To be continued…
This is how to rework GM Tech2 PCB to make Tech2 scan tool clone boot up for use.
Tech II clone not boot up (not turn on)
The issue usually results from the DC to DC converter
This converter is a common internal component for the device GM TECH II
originally these come equipped with the “Meanwell SKE10A-05VT” and “BTCPower 4BE-01T-02”
you cannot longer purchase these items because they are not being manufactured anymore
You actually can find the “Meanwell SKE10A-05” but missing the “VT” and also missing 1 pin for the soldering points.
BEWARE this model dc to dc converter WILL NOT WORK
It may help you power on your device, but the power button among other programming features won’t work.
– Solution worked!
To replace DC to DC converter can avoid unpleasant surprises.
REC10-1205S/H2/M has a 6 pin connections, “Meanwell SKE10A-05VT” and “BTCPower 4BE-01T-02” have a 5 pin connections, is it not a problem when you change the component.
So, sort this out.
This list is for a DC to DC converter with the following specifications:
Output: 5VDC 2.0A
– GM Tech 2 PCB before the DC to DC converter replacement
– Tech2 clone worked gain after the DC to DC converter replacement
– The important note: Tech2 not boot up when the car starts
So, how to fix a reboot Tech 2 when starting the car The square dedicated native voltage Stabilizer, black spots, this is how it is better to feed on, immediately giving to drink block, then the main Board gently giving to drink lagged behind in her legs. By means of wooden toothpicks carefully remove the solder prepared under us new voltage regulator (mornsun VRB1205LD-15W DIP).