Wifi GM MDI 2 Multiple Diagnostic Interface,supports all Vauxhall /Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2017.With Software GDS V2019.4 , supports WIn7, for Vauxhall Opel/Buick and Chevrolet.
Top Reasons To Get GM MDI 2 Diagnostic Interface
- MDI scan tool is the Multi Diagnostics Interface
- Works as the high-quality Vauxhall / Opel dealer diagnostic interface
- Can be used with Global TIS, GDS 2, Tech2Win software on a new laptop
- Provides full dealer level diagnostics and programming
- Supports all Vauxhall /Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2017
- Perfoms quickly and used easily to make customers happy and win new business by offering the exact same functions as the main dealers, including;
GM MDI 2 Description:
The Multiple Diagnostic Interface 2 (MDI 2) is used by professional technicians as an aid in diagnosing and repairing automotive electrical and electronic systems.
The MDI 2 is designed to connect the vehicle to a host PC computer application, which then functions through the MDI 2 for data transfer and Electronic Control Unit (ECU) reprogramming.
The newest pc-based GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI 2) offers increased processing power, security, and faster programming speeds on Global A and future
Global B vehicles.
The MDI 2 supports diagnostic applications: GDS 2, Data Bus Diagnostic Tool, and Tech2Win. It also supports Pass-Thru programming applications: TIS2Web–SPS.
It replaces the first generation MDI, introduced in 2007, for Pass-Thru programming on current GM models. The MDI 2 is backward compatible, so it can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming
on all vehicles built since 1996 by means of the J1962 connector using a DLC cable. Connection between the MDI 2 and the PC can be accomplished via standalone (USB) and the dealership network (CAT5).
GM MDI 2 Features:
● Uses a new, more secure Type B connector and Ground Offset Failure protection. A wired connection is recommended for longer programming events.
● The MDI 2 is powered from the vehicle battery via the DLC Cable. It may also be powered over USB to perform firmware updates only using a PC.
● Uses USB 2.0 for faster firmware downloads instead of a separate AC power supply.
● The DLC cable is twice as long as the previous cable and connects at the top, making it easier to use. The cable only connects to the MDI 2.
* Automatic vehicle recognition
* DTC reading and removal
* Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU
* Recordable / playback of live data
* New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues
* Programming and installation of new ECU (PCM, ABS, Instrument cluster, air bag, fuel pumps etc.,)
* Programming new keys
* Setting / removing speed limiters
* J2534 pass thru offering ECU re-flash and diagnostics for other vehicle manufacturers, when subscribed to their specified software
* More dealer specific functions
The J2534 Configuration Application
The Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) is a J2534 device that connects between your computer and the vehicle’s J1962 DLC connector for pass-thru
programming of the vehicle’s ECU’s. The J2534 Configuration Application is installed onto your PC at the same time as the MDI Manager software allowing you to control how your TIS 2 Web application will connect to an MDI.
In addition, this application provides API Monitoring controls to aid in investigating problems encountered while using any J2534 devices (including the MDI).
To launch the J2534 Configuration Application from SPS, press the “configuration” button on the Diagnostic settings screen.
Check Engine Compartment for components which may be loose; kinked or pinched vacuum hoses or electrical connections, and for any other missing or disconnected components.
Check to assure that hoses and electrical wires are properly routed to provide sufficient clearance with adjacent moving or hot parts.
Observe the movement or freedom of movement of linkage, valves and other components.
Check for unusual noises within the engine compartment.
Visually inspect for seepage and leaks at hoses and pipe connections, seals, gaskets and plugs.
Tighten clamps and connectors as necessary.
Check power steering gear, lines and hoses for leaks and clearance with adjacent panels, moving or hot parts. Tighten clamps and connectors as necessary.
Test engine coolant protection.
Check all fluid levels; engine oil, transmission oil, power steering oil, battery, brake, and cooling system.
Add inspection items as needed
Check throttle linkage for freedom at wide open and closed throttle.
Check tension on all belts.
Check operation of all interior and exterior lights;
Road test on a route with road conditions permitting the proper evaluation of squeaks and rattles.
During this test, check the following items for proper operation and function;
Visually inspect vehicle undercarriage for looseness, missing components and line routing and clipping, and fluid leaks. – Tighten clamps, couplings and connectors as necessary.
Data transfer and Electronic Control Unit (ECU) reprogramming
Shop network communications (LAN and WLAN)
Future expandability, including diagnostic applications
GM MDI 2 and GDS Background
MDI is an interface between the vehicle DLC and a PC (by wired USB, wired Ethernet, wireless Ethernet ) and TIS2web.
Can be Used for SPS programming on existing and future SGM vehicles
Required for diagnostics on new SGM Global A Electrical Architecture Vehicles
Used with TIS2Web, GM Global Diagnostics System (GDS), SPS and MDI Manager Software
Allows for GDS diagnostic
GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI)
All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: UART, KW2000, CLASS2, GM LAN, etc.
Needed for Global A architechture vehicles
Supports Service Programming System (SPS)
Passthrough progrmming on past model and Global A vehicles
Supports PC-Based diagnostics with rollout of the Global Diagnositc System (GDS) application
Includes Flight Recorder Mode
What protocols does the GM MDI 2 support?
For immediate use — At present, vehicles have two buses on the 16 pin connector
(high speed and low speed GMLAN). The GM MDI communicates using all of the existing GM protocols, the same as the GM Tech2:
- Class 2
- GMLAN (CAN)
Beginning with the 2008 model year vehicles, Pass-Thru will be the only programming method available. (Remote will continue to be available for previous vehicle
Easy to use: Insert the HDD with GM MDI gds2 software into your computer; the software can be used directly with the GM MDI scanner, which doesn't need activation by users.
GM MDI Multiple Diagnostic Interface scanner will provides the full dealer level diagnostics and programming for all Vauxhall /Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2017. The GM MDI
diagnosticsoftware gds2 can be installed on 2.5' SATA HDD, with the Win7 Operation System.
mine is a clone from China.
Simply pressed OK when Candy detected and all worked.
SAAB NAO V9.250 is from 2014. Already tested.
GM MDI good, interface works online.
update mdi 100%.
I bought a cheap one and it only worked with usb. The wired network and wifi did not work. In fact, the card flash socket was missing from the board. Build quality was not to bad. I just use it to flash newer pcm/ecm's.