How to install E-sys coding software on Windows XP?
01) Run "\\E-sys 3.18.4\E-Sys_Setup.exe" to install program to "C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\E-Sys.exe"
(Install Password is "lo8F3lsVVg" if prompted)
02) Copy "EDIABAS" folder from "\\E-sys 3.18.4\E-sys 3.18.4\EDIABAS" to "C:\EDIABAS"
03) Make sure "C:\EDIABAS\Bin\EDIABAS.INI" is set to Interface = ENET (it’s possible it has a different value, in that case just change it)
04) Copy "est" folder from "\\E-sys 3.18.4\est" to "C:\ESysData\e-sys est"
05) Copy all "psdzdata" subfolders (all 7 Folders) from "\\2_46.3 psdzdata\" to "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\"
06) Copy the contents of the "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe" folder into the "C:\ESysData\SWE" folder.
07) Make sure that there is a "Dist" folder in each of the Chassis (F01/F10/F25) folders etc. (e.g.
"C:\ESysData\psdzdata\mainseries\F010\F010_12_03_511\odx\dist") (should already be set, but check anyway - if not there - create empty "Dist" folders)
08) Turn Car's Auxillary Power On (Engine Off) and make connection to car with OBDII-Enet Interface Cable (Wait a few minutes until the network adapter icon shows a Connection with the yellow exclamation point over it)
09) Launch "C:\EDIABAS\Hardware\ENET\ZGW_SEARCH.exe" to verify cable and connection are working (IP Address, MAC Address, & VIN will be displayed verifying actual communication to the car) (ZGW_SEARCH.exe works intermittently on 64-Bit Windows - Not necessarily a problem if the ZGW_SEARCH window is blank, so long as the computer's wired network adapter shows an IP Address assigned to the computer from the car)
10) Run "C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\E-Sys.exe" (It will take E-Sys a while to write the log file) and Under Options, Settings: On the ODX Tab, set the ODX Rule Path to "C:\ESysData\Rules" On the EST Tab, set the Developer-Soft-Token EST Path to "C:\ESysData\est\Code Away.est"
11) Hit the Connect Button on E-Sys Select Target Vehicle (e.g. TargetSelector:Project=F020_12_03_503m VehicleInfo=F020) NOTE: Target vehicle for F30 is F20!
12) Select Connection via VIN, and click Connect (Window should pop up confirming successful connection)
(The program will remember the "connection via VIN" for future connections)
13) When you connect for the first time to your car you will need the E-Sys PIN, which is 2690
14) Please see other how-to documents regarding coding itself.
a. Some modules take a long time before the changes begin working (e.g. trunk and mirror close). If still not working after an hour or so, try recoding the module again, even if it looks like the correct parameter (e.g."nicht_aktiv") is set.
b. Share any undocumneted codings with the community.
c. If Coding for an extended period of time (>30 minutes or so
One can hide modules or program single module
1. Lock unlock sound confirmation ( to prevent radio interference, add sound to confirm car locked when turn light confirmation inconvenient. This is setup in cic)
2. Can operate the navigation menu including watching dvd when driving( for driving safety. Let the side driver operate the navigation menu )
3. Display engine output and torque meter ( purely fun, look engine output )
4. Cancel confirmation screen big screen boot delay
5. Open the voice recognition function
6. Three kind of bluetooth phone ringtones ( personality only )
7. Increasing the cic memory address to 50
8. The glass automatically rise to the top process is not terminated by the car door ( easy to get off to close the window waiting )
9. The digital speed display ( fun only )
10. Air-conditioned memory of the last off state ( without air conditioning season is more convenient )
11. Indoor cycling memories of the last time the state when engine off
12. A-pillar electric tailgate buttons and remote control a key to close the power tailgate. At any time terminate the reverse operation ( turn off 15 minutes or more reset )
13. Increasing shift paddles
14. The small screen to the large-screen display modify
15. Pdc display vertical and horizontal
16. Disable the seat belt status display - passenger seat
17. Disable the seat belt status display - driver seat
18. Disable seat belt reminder mistake ! The link is invalid. Device - passenger seat
19. Disable seat belt reminder - driving position
20. Disabled unfasten their seat belts voice prompts - passenger seat
21. Disabled unfasten their seat belts voice prompts - driving position
22. Intersection vehicle high beam automatic control ( no condition tested. Do not know if it is valid )
23. Angel eyes open and cancel functions
24 turn off the engine start-stop function turned on by default
25, gps time synchronization
26. Foot open the back cover
27. Ds show s1-s7 selection
28. Active sports gearbox program sport +
29. Single microphone settings
30. Engine off automatically unlock
31. Internet applications
32. Armrest usb playback video
33. The maximum distance disable front camera view
34. The maximum distance to disable the rear camera view
35. Maximum speed disable front camera view
36. The maximum speed to disable the rear camera view
EXAMPLES OF LATEST MODELS COVERED by BMW Enet Esys cable:
F chassis 2009 +
BMW 1-series: F20, F21, F44, F45, F46
BMW 2-series: F22, F23
BMW 3-series: F30, F31, F34
BMW 4-series: F32, F33, F35
BMW 5-series: F07, F10, F11, F18
BMW 6-series: F06, F12, F13
BMW 7-series: F01, F02, F03, F04
BMW X-series: F15, F16, F25
1pc x ENET (Ethernet to OBD) Interface Cable