FAQ about OBD Tool for Fuel Injected Honda Motorcycles:
Q1. What is the minimum system requirement to run the software
-All computers running Windows (any version) and having a USB port will do. The minimum screen resolution is 1024x600.
Q2. How to use the tool
- Have the ignition key in OFF position.
- Connect the OBD tool connector to the 4-pole RED DLC plug of the bike, and connect the USB plug to your Windows PC.
Warning: Never connect the OBD tool connector to a bike plug other than the RED plug.
- Start the OBD tool application.
- Select neutral, turn ignition On and have the engine stop switch in RUN position.
- Press the "Connect" button. The engine parameters must be shown on the screen.
- Start the engine if you wish to inspect parameters with the engine running.
Q3. Some parameters do not show any value, why
-This means your vehicle does not have such kind of sensor, or that sensor data is not available through the OBD interface on your bike.
Q4. Can I get some description on the sensors
-Yes, move your mouse on the sensor name and wait a second, an infotip will appear.
Q5. The "Throttle position" value does not change from 0 to 100, is that a problem
-No, the value displayed here is not normalized and may vary from bike to bike.
-The ECM learns the minimum and maximum TPS values and then knows how much throttle is applied.
-The important thing is, the value should increase as you pull the throttle. Graph view can be useful to detect sensor malfunction.
Q6. The "Advance" parameter does not seem to be correct.
-All parameters shown by the OBD tool are read from the bike computer, without modification. On certain bike models, the
ignition Advance value should be multiplied by 2 or 4 if you need to know the real value.
Q7. What is the maximum measuring time
-The measuring time is unlimited (depends only on available disk space. The OBD Tool automatically starts the recording when you connect to the ECM.